NOTE TO NOMINATORS: Before you begin to submit the nomination form, be sure you have all your supporting documentation in hand. You cannot return to the form, and will have to start all over if you cannot complete the form in one sitting. In order to complete the AIHA Board Nominations form below in one sitting. You will need:
- Nominee’s contact information
- Details about nominee’s leadership style and how that will impact the AIHA Board
- Your experience working with the nominee
- Details about nominee’s contribution to AIHA and the profession
- Details about nominee’s strengths.
- Insights into nominee’s interest in advancing elements of the AIHA strategic plan
- Nominee’s resume/CV
NOTE TO NOMINEES: If you are self-nominating, pleas be sure you have your resume/CV on hand.
Being an officer or director is an important responsibility with significant career enhancing rewards. On average, the duties of treasurer take approximately 8-10 hours per month. Additionally, the board of directors meets face-to-face four times a year (late February, AIHce in late May/early June, mid to late July, mid November in conjunction with Leadership Workshop weekend).
Election as Treasurer-elect shall set in motion the following succession:
- Treasurer-elect: (1-year duration). Duties shall include support to the Treasurer and any duties as delegated by the Board or assigned by the President or Treasurer.
- Treasurer: (2-years duration). Duties shall include those outlined in this policy below and delegated by the Board. In the final year of service, the Treasurer will train the new Treasurer-elect.
The Treasurer shall be the chair of the Finance Committee and shall be responsible for the preparation of an annual budget, in conjunction with staff, for approval by the Finance Committee before being submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval. The Treasurer shall present an annual financial report, audited by independent certified public accountants for the Association, at the Annual Meeting of the membership. If required by the Board, the Treasurer shall be bonded for the faithful discharge of duties in such sum and with such surety as the Board shall determine. The Treasurer shall perform all duties incident to the office of Treasurer and any other duties as may be from time to time assigned by the President or the Board.
Pursuant to AIHA Bylaws, only Full members who meet the criteria for Board service shall be eligible to serve on the Board. Members may either self-nominate or be nominated by a peer; nominators must be voting members (Full, Emeritus, or International Members).
General duties of a board member include:
- Represents the broad membership of the organization
- Acts in the best interests of AIHA in all board decisions
- Establishes a vision and outlines goals to reach the vision
- Articulates the mission and sustains the vision
- Ensures effective organizational planning is in place
- Enhances the organization’s public standing
- Communicates with AIHA leadership (VG chairs, LS presidents, etc.) about important decisions affecting AIHA
- Represents AIHA in a professional manner to groups inside and outside of AIHA
- Creates and sets policy
- Develops, adopts and provides direction on strategic plans and budgets
- Prepares for meetings, votes on ballots between meetings, and serves on task forces as assigned
- Monitors overall operations, including oversight and evaluation of goals achievement
- Creates and dissolves committees
- Sets financial goals, ensures resources are appropriately managed, and allocates resources to meet goals
- Provides feedback to CEO directly or through a group of the Board which assists in selecting and retaining a CEO
- Provides feedback and input about programs, products, education and services at the strategic level
- Assists in recruiting, orienting and mentoring new board members
- Partners and communicates well with staff to ensure clarity of roles
- Participates on (and as Treasurer, chairs) the Finance Committee, which reviews and recommends for approval the annual budget to the Board of Directors
- As Treasurer, presents an annual financial report, audited by independent certified public accountants for the Association, at the Annual Meeting of the membership
- As Treasurer, serves as a member of the Executive Committee, the AIHF (Foundation) Board of Trustees and Guideline Foundation Board of Directors
Board nominations are due by Friday, October 9, 2020.
AIHA Treasurer-elect Nomination Form