Upcoming AIHA Board Meetings
- June 1 & 5, 2014, San Antonio, Texas (AIHce)
- July 19-20, 2014, Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19, 2014, Crystal City, Virginia
(Amended February 2002)
- All regular Board meetings are open to the membership.
- Membership present may be heard at the discretion of the President, based on conditions existing at the time. These would include, but not be limited to, time available based on published agenda, length of time requested, and the need to hear the issue to be presented at that time.
- Members wishing to bring an issue before the Board should provide it in writing to a Board member at least 30 days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Only Board members and specifically invited guests will be present at Executive Sessions of the Board.
- Summary of Board action, including vote counts (yes, no, abstain, and not present) will be placed in selected AIHA publications and on the AIHA Members Only homepage within 30 days.
- Once approved, complete copies of the Board meeting minutes, with confidential matter deleted (e.g.; personnel evaluations, unethical conduct, and proprietary business discussions), will be made available to individual members upon written request and will be placed on the Members Only page.
(Approved January 21, 2007)
Candidates for Officer and Director of the Association will be provided various opportunities to present their qualifications and positions to the membership. To ensure that all candidates are given fair and equal consideration regardless of their affiliations, corporate backing, or personal assets, any other forms of campaigning, either by or for the candidate, will be permitted only if expense attached to said campaigning is considered “reasonable.”
For the purposes of this policy, AIHA defines “campaigning” as anything beyond the solicitation of votes from members that a candidate knows personally, from members of their local section, from members of a committee on which they serve, or in other similar situations. Also for the purposes of this policy, AIHA defines “reasonable expense” as the cost of communicating with members the candidate knows personally, members of the candidate’s local section, members of a committee on which the candidate serves, and with other similar known individuals and groups.
Under this policy, candidates or their designees may not:
purchase contact lists and mailing lists for campaigning purposes;
pursue blast e-mails, blast-faxes, or bulk mailing for campaigning purposes;
produce and distribute brochures or fliers for campaign purposes; and
purchase travel tickets for campaigning purposes.
Under this policy, candidates or their designees may: