Slide 1 of 15
Thank you to moderator. Introduce co-authors and their locations.
Over the past 9 years in our large, international company we have seen the implementation of over thirty BBS processes in both domestic and overseas locations.
Often BBS is considered a safety intervention. Little thought is given to how it can strengthen the IH program. This could be due to:
- the local IH staff not being involved in BBS
- “Tunnel vision” (“that’s a safety thing”)
- the IH staff not recognizing this opportunity to increase the IH program’s effectiveness
From our position as internal BBS consultants as well as IH professionals, we have:
- facilitated implementation of BBS processes (personally I’ve been involved in 6, 2 overseas)
- surveyed highly effective programs
- identified methods for utilizing BBS to enhance IH.
This forms the basis of what I’d like to share with you today.