An exclusive hands-on lab for past attendees of AIHA’s FIH Virtual course. Expand on the knowledge learned through sampling and workshop sessions, hands-on lab experiences, small group work, and problem-solving exercises.
Value Added Items
- Electronic course manual
- Most recent AIHA® ERPG and WEEL Handbook PDF Publication
- AIHA®'s The Occupational Environment: Its Evaluation, Control, and Management PDF Publication
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards online access
- Interactive workshops and question and answer sessions
- 12.75 continuing education contact hours or, which may be counted towards the Board for Global EHS Credentialing® (BGC®) prerequisite to sit for the CIH Exam
2021 Course Fees - In-person Event
|Early Registration - 30 days before the course start date||$600||$750|
|Substitution||no charge||no charge|
|Cancellation (3 weeks in advance)||$100||$100|
Health and Safety
The safety of all participants and staff is paramount. We are working closely with SafeX to ensure compliance with all local, state, and national safety guidelines and regulations.
We are continuing to monitor the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19 and plan to implement enhanced measures which may mean changes to the participant experience.
With the proper precautions, you can easily enjoy learning and networking with your colleagues.
Concerned about travel? Get the latest information from the CDC including case updates, vaccination information, and travel guidance.
More information will be provided to confirmed registrants in late early September as we monitor conditions leading up to the conference dates. Thank you for your assistance in our efforts to protect the health and safety of your colleagues during the course.
Here’s what we are planning:
Updated on August 11, 2021
- Daily attendee temperature check and completion of health screening upon arrival to the building.
- All guests - vaccinated and unvaccinated - wear masks while indoors.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the meeting spaces.
- Enhanced cleaning both after lunch and at the end of the day, each day
- Individually packaged food or boxed lunches.
- Our instructors are all vaccinated.
- We will not require proof of vaccination unless it is mandated by the state of Ohio.
(all times are listed in Eastern Time Zone)
Day 1 - Thursday, November 4
Introduction & Direct Reading Instruments
- 7:30 – 8:00 - Registration
- 8:00 – 8:30 - Participant Introductions & Ice Breaker
- 8:30 – 9:00 - Direct Reading Instrumentation - Review
- 9:00 – 9:15 - Break
- 9:15 – 10:45 - Direct Reading Instruments Laboratory
- 10:45 – 11:00 - Q&A from Direct Reading Instruments
Air Sampling Equipment
- 11:00 – 11:30 - Air Sampling Equipment Review
- 11:30 – 12:30 - Lunch
- 12:30 – 2:30 - Air Sampling Equipment Workshops
- 2:30 – 2:45 - Q&A from Air Sampling Equipment
- 2:45 – 3:00 - Break
- 3:00 – 4:00 - DRI vs. Integrated Sampling Equipment Workshop
Day 2 - Friday, November 5
Noise, Indoor Air Quality, and Ventilation
- 7:45 – 8:00 - Arrival
- 8:00 – 8:30 - Review and Q&A from Day 1
- 8:30 – 9:00 - Noise Review
- 9:00 – 10:00 - Noise Laboratory – SLM, Dosimeters, Noise Controls
- 10:00 – 10:15 - Noise Q&A
- 10:15 – 10:30 - Break
- 10:30 – 11:15 - Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Review
- 11:15 – 12:15 - Indoor Air and Ventilation Laboratory
- 12:15 – 1:15 - Lunch
- 1:15 – 2:45 - Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Laboratory
- 2:45 – 3:00 - Break
- 3:00 – 3:30 - Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation Q&A
- 3:30 – 3:45 Final Q&A and Course Summary
Each attendee is asked to bring:
- A scientific calculator
- A laptop or tablet to view the electronic handout
Upon completion, the attendee will be able to:
- Select an appropriate air sampling method for airborne contaminants.
Topic Areas of Focus
Integrated air sampling and Direct Reading Instruments to assess employee’s exposures to chemicals and noise and assess ventilation.
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
- Group activities