This leading noise resource is perfect for anyone who desires an improved general understanding of the subject AND for those with a technical interest in hazardous noise. With a focus on hearing-loss prevention strategies, it addresses noise-related issues within the workplace and those arising in the community.
The new edition includes chapters dedicated to:
- Brief high-level sounds such as impulse noise from gunfire
- The complex interactions of noise and chemicals in the context of ototoxicity and otoprotection
- Hearing protector fit-testing and attenuation estimation procedures
- Expansion of hearing conservation efforts beyond the workplace
- The global burden of noise-induced hearing loss
- Fundamentals of sound, vibration, and hearing
- Auditory and non-auditory effects of noise
- Elements of a hearing conservation program
- Impulse/impact noise
- Auditory situation awareness
- Community noise
- U.S. regulations, standards, and laws
- And so much more!
Member $29 | Non-Member $41
AIHA University is pleased to offer topic bundles for The Noise Manual, 6th edition. Each bundle includes a PDF of a full chapter plus the cover, front matter, table of contents, symbols and abbreviations, and appendices.
Choose only the information you need and save! See below for individual bundles.
Topic 06: Brief High-Level Sounds – NEW Chapter!
Topic 16: Beyond the Workplace – NEW Chapter!