An opportunity to earn up to 39.5 CM contact hours, as well as CEU/COC credits.
Professional Development Courses (PDCs)
- Up to an estimated 24 CM credit hours (for three full days)
- 2.4 CEUs and COCs
- Up to an estimated 15.5 CM credit hours (for 2 days)
- Earn at least 11.5 CM credit hours
Important Information Regarding PDC Completion and Fall Conference Proof of Attendance
- Educational transcripts will be available on November 21, 2016.
- Member and nonmember educational transcripts will have both
certification information and contact hours for PDCs and Fall Conference
2016 attendance uploaded.
- Access your transcript online at: www.aiha.org/edutranscript
Access Your Continuing Education Records Online 24/7
Online AIHA educational transcripts allow you to:
- Review and track educational credits (CM, COC, CEU, etc.)
- Print a complete history as often as you like
Note: AIHA does not track instruction and presentation points for authors, instructors, or speakers.
Full attendance and participation is required to earn credit. Partial credit is not awarded. Questions may be directed to AIHA’s Education Team.
AIHA maintains attendance records for seven
years. Individuals are responsible for retaining all documentation for
future reference and/or certification audits. AIHA charges a $50
replacement fee for all documentation (prior to 2010) verifying
attendance. Read more about replacing lost documentation.
AIHA educational events are designed to provide CM credit for CIH certification maintenance and candidate training.
- PDCs that align withthe IH Coursework Requirement can be claimed for credit.
- PDCs – CM credit is based on contact hours (assigned by AIHA)
and topic (aligned to one or more CM areas of IH, Safety, or IH Ethics).
- Fall Conference– Eligible for up to 15.5 hours of CM credit.
- Hours are based on individual participation time in Technical
Sessions (e.g., keynotes, presentations, lectures, roundtables,
- CM credit can be claimed solely in the IH CM area or may be further
segregated (i.e., IH, Safety, or IH Ethics) based on sessions attended.
- Instructors, presenters, authors, and session arrangers receive CM points based on their role. (See ABIH categories 5 and 7)
Proof of Participation
- PDC – AIHA Educational Transcript
- Fall Conference – Transcript or registration record and evidence of physical presence in the city on the days claimed
- Instructors, presenters, authors, and session arrangers – advance or final program indicating name(s)
For questions or guidance, visit www.abih.org, contact ABIH at email@example.com or (517) 321-2638.
AIHA is authorized by the Board of Certified
Safety Professionals (BCSP) to issue COC points in conjunction with the
CSP certification. For point values, see individual PDC descriptions.
BCRSP has awarded Fall Conference PDCs with CMP points. Please see individual descriptions for point values.
Please note that CMPs are awarded on a
calendar basis only. CMPs are accrued by Canadian Registered Safety
Professionals (CRSPs) who are certified by the Board of Canadian
Registered Safety Professionals