The Programme Committee of the AIHA Asia Pacific OH Conference + Exhibition is currently accepting abstracts for poster presentations. Accepted papers will present case studies, professional practice topics, or scientific research within occupational hygiene and occupational/environmental health or safety. Papers must reflect new technical, practical or scientific knowledge.
Submission deadlinE: 1 OCTOBER, 2014
Abstracts must reflect one or more of these tracks:
• Chemical and Biological Stressors
• Detection, Sampling and Analysis
• Exposure & Risk Assessment
• Nonchemical Stressors
• Occupational Medicine
• Research to Practice
• Risk Management
• Worker Protection & Health
Program Committee Rating Criteria
• Content and title must be clearly defined and relevant
to occupational, consumer, or environmental health and
• Audience appeal: Specific to conference registrants, communicating new, original, and useful information.
• Commercialism: Company names, trademarks, etc. may
not be included. New programs or technology should not
• Title: A maximum of 10 words that summarize your project.
• Theme: The relevant conference track.
• Names/Affiliations: Contact information for all authors,
including email addresses and phone numbers.
• Abstract: Summary of the project not to exceed 300 words.
The following four (4) bold faced words must be addressed in
the body of the abstract:
1. Situation/problem or objective: Clear description of the
technical issue and context or purpose/reason for work.
2. Resolution: Detailed methods, procedures or testing are
3. Results: Substantiated findings of resolution or attempt
4. Lessons learned: Conclusions framed as take-away lessons
or stating the importance/relevance of the work.
Wednesday, November 5
7:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. Poster set-up
9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Posters Displayed
10:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m. Poster Attend Time (Author present)
2:15 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Poster Attend Time (Author present)
Thursday, November 6
9:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Posters Displayed
9:45 a.m.–10:15 a.m. Posters Attend Time (Author present)
2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. Posters Dismantled
Poster presenters are required to pay the appropriate
conference registration fee. Registration opens in July, 2014.
Authors will be advised of acceptance by October 1, 2014.