The mission of the committee is to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about legal issues impacting the practice of industrial hygiene.
Goals and Objectives
Goal: Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate to occupational and environmental health professionals information relevant to occupational health laws, legal decisions, and other industrial hygiene legal issues.
Objective #1: Improve the level of awareness regarding legal issues and decisions that impact the practice of industrial hygiene.
- Discuss and act upon legal issues including industrial hygienist liability, ethical considerations in decision-making, and being an expert witness.
- Designate specific members to track and report on identified issues.
- Respond to AIHA Board requests to address specific issues.
- Solicit papers; organize sessions; and provide session arrangers, chairs, and monitors for the AIHce.
Objective #2: Provide education and training on legal issues.
- Present mock trials at the AIHce.
- Sponsor or develop short courses and seminars.
Goal: Actively participate in identifying and responding to occupational health laws and related legal issues.
Objective #3: Identify, evaluate, and comment on legal decisions that impact the practice of industrial hygiene.
Strategy: Develop and recommend positions to the AIHA Board.