Established in 2011, the overall mission of the Oil & Gas Working Group (OGWG) is to create a forum to share relevant scientific information, support research and advocate for positive change.
The scope of the OGWG is occupational health and safety and petroleum product stewardship relating to the exploration, production, refining of crude oil and the distribution and use of petroleum products.
Specific to the Oil & Gas Industry:
- Advocate for worker and community health & safety while maintaining high productivity.
- Coordinate and facilitate research on exposure sampling methodology and characterization techniques.
- Facilitate an understanding of occupational health issues among all industry stakeholders, regulatory agencies and general public.
- Support professional development of industrial hygienists.
- Promote the value of the industrial hygiene profession.
- Developing Oil & Gas specific sessions for the 2013 AIHce.
- Develop training materials/session specific to the oil & gas industry.
- Utilize Working Group SharePoint site to share industry best practices