The Sampling and Laboratory Analysis Committee has as its purpose to be the leader and technical resource to AIHA and the national/international scientific communities on sampling and analysis of chemicals in the environment.
To provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about sampling and analysis of chemicals as they impact the workplace and the community and to participate in the development and analysis of related technological and regulatory issues.
Goals and Objectives
Goal: Assemble, evaluate and disseminate to occupational and environmental health professionals information relevant to sampling and analyzing chemicals.
Objective #1: Discuss and act upon sampling and analysis issues.
- Designate specific members to track and report on identified issues.
- Respond to AIHA Board requests to address specific issues.
- Meet at the AIHCE and at other times as appropriate.
- Prepare relevant information for publication.
- Review and comment on the sampling and analytical sections of AIHA publications.
- Solicit papers; organize sessions; and provide session arrangers, chairs and monitors for the AIHCE.
- Promote the utility of the Analytical Methods Exchange Network.
Objective #2: Provide education and training on sampling and analytical chemistry issues.
- Provide annual basic and advanced PDCs, solicit or develop new PDCs and keep existing PDCs up to date.
- Sponsor or develop short courses and seminars.
Goal: Actively participate in identifying and responding to sampling and analysis issues.
Objective #3: Identify, evaluate and comment on proposed legislation, regulations and standards affecting sampling and analysis.
- Monitor and report on sampling and analytical methods being developed by rule-making organizations for use in regulatory proposals.
- Develop and recommend positions to the AIHA Board.
Industrial Hygiene Method Exchange Network