The Fellows designation is limited to no more than five percent of the AIHA membership. To be eligible, an individual must be in good standing with 15 years of continuous AIHA membership and has been recognized for contributions to the industrial hygiene profession or related disciplines, either through research, leadership, publications, education, or service to AIHA.
Eligibility to Nominate
- AIHA Volunteer Groups, Local Sections, Special Interest Groups, and/or other formal AIHA entitites may nominate one individual for consideration.
- At-large nominations will be accepted; self-nominations do not qualify.
The following information is required to complete a successful AIHA Fellow nomination submission:
- The nominee's name and complete contact information.
- The nominator's name and complete contact information.
- Justification for why the nominee should be considered for the award - be specific and align the justification with the award criteria.
- The nominee's resume/CV in a Word or PDF file format. Do not submit copies of articles, papers, books, etc. – that information should be referenced on the nominee’s resume/CV.
Instructions for Submitting a Nomination
- Do not start the online submission process until you have all of the required information and time to submit.
- If you do not complete the process in one sitting, the system will not save the information and you will have to restart the process from the beginning.
- To upload a Word or PDF file document, please use the "Choose File" option.
Nomination Deadline and Selection Process
- Nominations must be received by December 31, 2019. Any nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- All nominations will be evaluated by the Named Awards Committee and recommendations will be sent to the AIHA Board of Directors for review and approval.
For additional information or questions regarding the Fellows nomination process, please contact Laurie Mutdosch.
Fellows of AIHA are individuals who are full members in good standing and have 15 years of continuous AIHA national membership. These individuals have been nominated by a local section, committee, special interest group or other formal AIHA entity for their recognized achievement in the field of industrial hygiene. Individuals are approved as Fellows by the AIHA Board of Directors after recommendation by the Named Awards Committee. Those members given the title Fellow will be limited to no more than five percent of full national members.
Recognized contribution as evidenced by solid contributions in at least three of the following areas:
- Original research or invention, demonstrated by the publication of papers in refereed journals. (Some consideration will be given to articles in trade journals.) The nominee must be the principal or the secondary author.
- Work in policy areas which may include corporate, federal, state, and local activities as well as standards development and advocacy.
- Technical, scientific, or management leadership in industrial hygiene.
- Exemplary contributions to improving education in industrial hygiene. Contributions to education include textbook authorship, editorships for IH compendia (e.g., Patty’s), teaching PDCs and evaluations from those PDCs, giving short courses, development of training and teaching tools, etc.
- Direct contribution to AIHA by serving as an officer, in committee work, or conference planning.
Fellows who do not maintain their AIHA membership will continue to be considered a Fellow and can still use the FAIHA designation. However, these individuals will will not be counted towards the five percent of the membership count to allow capacity for new Fellows.
AIHA Nominations Form for Fellow Award
Nomination Deadline: December 31, 2019