The AIHA Fellows designation recognizes those who are AIHA members in good standing, have 15 years of continuous Full Membership, and have made recognized contributions to industrial hygiene or related disciplines, either through research, leadership, publications, education, or service to AIHA.
Candidates interested in receiving the Fellows designation (FAIHA) can be nominated by an AIHA local section, special interest group, volunteer group, and/or peers.
The Fellow designation is limited to no more than five percent of the AIHA national membership. Fellows who do not maintain their AIHA membership will continue to be considered an AIHA Fellow and can use the FAIHA designation. However, these individuals will not be counted towards the five percent of the membership count to allow capacity for new Fellows.
The following information is required to complete a successful AIHA Fellow nomination submission:
- The nominee's name and complete contact information.
- The nominator's name and complete contact information.
- Justification for why the nominee should be considered for the award - be specific and align the justification with the award criteria.
- The nominee's resume/CV in a Word or PDF file format. Do not submit copies of articles, papers, books, etc. – that information should be referenced on the nominee’s resume/CV.
Instructions for Submitting a Nomination
- Do not start the online submission process until you have all of the required information and time to submit.
- If you do not complete the process in one sitting, the system will not save the information and you will have to restart the process from the beginning.
- To upload a Word or PDF file document, please use the "Choose File" option.
Nomination Deadline and Selection Process
- Nominations must be received by December 31, 2020. Any nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- All nominations will be evaluated by the Named Awards Committee and recommendations will be sent to the AIHA Board of Directors for review and approval.
For additional information or questions regarding the Fellows nomination process, please contact Thursa Pecoraro.