Purpose and Objectives
AIHA values the profession and our members by providing opportunities and resources to share about the profession and recognizing those professionals who have exemplified excellence and leadership. AIHA Named Awards and Recognitions are given to industrial hygienists and other occupational and environmental health and safety professionals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in contributing to the growth and development of the profession.
The purpose of the AIHA Awards Task Force is to:
- Assess current awards and recognition
- Recommend ways to broaden, re-define or sunset of awards
- Consider proposals for new awards
- Brainstorm ways to increase nominations
- Offer recommendations to streamline the Nominating Committee Review Process
The group is to be comprised of 8 to 10 members representing a broad diversity of member representation. One member of the task force will serve as chair. Task force members must be AIHA members.
Task Force Selection Process
The process of selecting new members begins with an open call for applications. Applications are reviewed, and selections made by the AIHA Board.
General Time Commitment
- Monthly conference calls (1 hour in length) until the scope of work has been completed
- Email correspondence as needed
- Accountable to the AIHA Board of Directors
- Agree to uphold and abide by the AIHA Bylaws, Conflict of Interest and Code of Conduct policies
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM ET on July 3, 2020 and are to be submitted via the following online application form.
Note:* = a required field.