The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is seeking members to serve on CPAG’s Occupational Exposure Banding (OEB) Working Group. This working group is adjacent to the Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) and focuses on advancing the exposure banding content priority. You don’t have to be a CPAG member to join this group; you just need to have an interest and knowledge in Occupational Exposure Banding!
Purpose and Objectives
The OEB Working Group carries out the visions for the exposure banding content priority.
- In partnership with NIOSH, AIHA educates occupational and environmental health & safety (OEHS) professionals on the importance of utilizing OEB in risk assessments to better determine acceptable ranges of occupational exposure concentrations for chemicals with no current OEL.
- IH/OEHS and allied professionals, e.g., Toxicologists, Product Stewards, Occupational Health Nurses, and Doctors, develop and actively use practical guidance to apply OEB in their professional practice.
The OEB Working group will drive existing initiatives, including creating new OEB learning materials, for the exposure banding content priority. To see current initiatives, please visit the Exposure Banding Dashboard.
Working group members must be current and active members of AIHA and a balanced representation of:
- Industry sectors (corporate, academia, consulting, government)
- Early, mid and late-career professionals
- History of involvement in various AIHA volunteer groups
Working group members are expected to:
- Actively participate in bi-monthly virtual meetings
- Collaborate with OEB working group members to brainstorm ideas for new projects
- Assist in the development and management of existing and new initiatives/educational content related to exposure banding
- Complete volunteer work reasonably within established time frames
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2021, and must be submitted via the following online application form. If selected, you will be notified by September 15, 2012.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss your participation further, please contact Tara Laptew.