The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) is seeking members to serve on CPAG’s Serving the Changing Workforce Working Group. This working group is adjacent to the Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) and focuses on advancing the serving the changing workforce content priority. You don’t have to be a CPAG member to join this group; you just need to have an interest in the changing workforce!
Purpose and Objectives
This working group carries out the visions for the STCW content priority.
- OEHS professionals are aware of the importance of non-traditional exposure profiles driven by new trends in the workplace (i.e., multiple employers, gig work, telecommuting) and have the tools to address those issues.
- OEHS professionals are aware of the changing workforce (i.e., aging, chronic disease) that might impact the way OEHS programs and training are implemented in the workplace.
- OEHS professionals are aware of new technologies and industrial processes that bring new hazards to the workplace and have the tools to address such hazards.
The STCW Working Group will drive existing initiatives, including creating new educational products for the content priority. To see current initiatives, please visit the Serving the Changing Workforce Dashboard.
Working group members must be current and active members of AIHA and a balanced representation of:
- Industry sectors (corporate, academia, consulting, government)
- Early, mid and late-career professionals
- History of involvement in various AIHA volunteer groups
- Working group members are expected to:
- Actively participate in monthly virtual meetings
- Collaborate with STCW working group members to brainstorm ideas for new projects
- Assist in the development and management of existing and new initiatives/educational content related to the changing workforce and workplace
- Complete volunteer work reasonably within established time frames
Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2021, and must be submitted via the following online application form. If selected, you will be notified by November 15, 2021.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss your participation further, please contact Tara Laptew.