Purpose and Objectives
AIHA is seeking energetic volunteers to assist with the development of industry profiles, which describes the following:
- The type of work, operation or process
- Occupations within each industry who are exposed to various health concerns - chemicals, physical, human factors and ergonomic, radiological, and mental health and psychosocial disorders
- Any associated standard, guidance, or reference
The project will be broken down by individual market segment to align with the various Standard Industrial Classifications (SIC) codes. The goal of the project is to help students, technicians performing OEHS functions, and safety and other non-health professionals to better identify and understand the health hazards related to various industries and occupations. The outcome will provide a reference guide and educational tool to help everyone better understand the health exposures associated with different work tasks and occupations.
If you are interested in working on this CPAG project to completion in about 12-months, please complete the submission form below.
Project Team Selection Process
The process of selecting new team members begins with an open call for applications to the AIHA membership. Applications are reviewed, and selections made by the Project Team Lead and AIHA Board member, Bernard Fontaine.
Project Team Responsibilities
- Attend all scheduled conference calls
- Adhere to project deadlines
- Conference calls every two weeks for the several months and monthly thereafter
General Time Commitment
Email correspondence as needed.