Enhance the international network of occupational hygiene organizations that promote, develop and improve occupational hygiene worldwide, providing a safe and healthy working environment for all.
What is IOHA?
The International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA) is an association of occupational hygiene organizations from across the world and represents the global community of occupational hygienists. These organizations share a dedication to the discipline and application of the inherent principles of occupational hygiene. Since its creation in 1987, IOHA has grown to 35 member organizations, representing over 20,000 occupational hygienists worldwide. IOHA provides an international voice of the occupational hygiene profession through its recognition as a non-governmental organization (NGO) by both the ILO (International Labour Organisation) and WHO (World Health Organisation). To learn more, visit https://www.ioha.net/about/.
- AIHA member in good standing
- Familiarity with and supporting AIHA's and IOHA’s mission, vision, and values
- Experience working or teaching occupational hygiene internationally
- Passion to support and advance the IOHA Strategic Plan
- Ability to think strategically and be innovative
- Commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours per month (on average)
- Commitment to fulfill this IOHA representative role for a minimum of three years
- Willingness to participate on IOHA committees
- Prepared to disclose in writing any potential conflicts of interest
Strong consideration for candidates who have:
- Past and ongoing active service to the AIHA International Affairs Committee, preferably as a past Committee Chair
- Prior research or publication on international topics
The selection committee consists of the AIHA Executive Committee (Officers of the Board). When considering candidates, the committee will also take into consideration prior experience in serving in a leadership/board role or volunteer activities.
- Accountable to the AIHA Board of Directors, with required periodic reporting on activities of IOHA
- Agrees to uphold and abide by IOHA Articles of Association, Rules, volunteer code of conduct, and financial policies and procedures
- Agrees to uphold the professional image of AIHA on the international front
- Have a completed Conflict of Interest form on file
- Participate in-person or virtually in two (2) one-day IOHA board meetings per year. All expenses of participation are borne by the Representative. Ideally, the Representative will shadow the current AIHA Representative at the next meeting scheduled for September 18, 2022
- Accept responsibilities for IOHA assignments as defined by the IOHA Board
- Fulfill the fiduciary, due diligence, and other responsibilities as described in the IOHA Articles of Association, Rules, and volunteer code of conduct
- Maintain regular communications with AIHA’s International Affairs Committee to apprise of key IOHA developments and progress in fostering relations with global non-profits (e.g., ILO)
- Maintain records of activities and timelines relevant to his/her position during term of service
Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 12, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern
If you have additional questions regarding this open call, please contact Bethany Chirico, AIHA Managing Director, Global Meetings and Business Development via email at [email protected].
We hope to have decisions made within 3 weeks of the deadline stated above. On occasion, our review may take longer due to travel, schedules, or unforeseen circumstances. If that is to happen and you have not heard from us within 1 month, please contact Bethany Chirico. We will be in touch as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your patience.