The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA®) is seeking subject matter experts to participate in a project to revise the Understanding How ARECC Works Within Occupational Exposure Assessment Competency Framework.
A BoK framework provides a list of the domains, tasks, and competencies needed to successfully understand and perform duties related to a specific field or industry. AIHA periodically updates BoK Frameworks to ensure they remain consistent with current practices.
This effort will consist of six stages.
- Convene a broad, diverse coalition of subject matter experts to review the current Understanding How ARECC Works Within Occupational Exposure Assessment BoK Framework.
- Review previous and/or existing materials developed by AIHA, professional associations, multinational companies, and other stakeholder groups to determine what technological advances and changes, if any, have occurred in the profession.
- Update the tasks and competencies to reflect changes in the scope.
- Conduct a Job/Task Analysis (JTA) study.
- Review JTA results
- Agree on a final BoK Framework document.
- This project is expected to run for 6 - 8 months. Specific time commitment includes:
- Involvement in an initial kick-off conference call;
- Participation in follow-up conference calls as needed;
- As necessary, individual time spent reviewing existing materials and other content-related authoritative sources; and
- As necessary, individual time is spent reviewing, commenting, and finalizing the team’s output during the project.
- In absolute terms, the time spent might be 5-7 days over 6 - 8 months.
- Participation will account for CM points towards your credential.
To volunteer for this team, please fill out and submit the online application below by Monday, May 3, 2021.
Serving on a committee is one of the best ways to become involved and make an impact on the profession. We hope that you will consider being a part of this elite group of professionals.
If you cannot commit the time to participate in this content development team but are interested in participating by providing input via surveys or comment on the draft BoK Framework, please complete the application and indicate your ability and willingness to participate as a Stakeholder on Q5 of the online application.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss your participation further, please contact Stacy Calhoun.