Goals and Objectives
- Achieve and maintain an active membership encompassing a broad range of industries, education, certifications and experience reflective of environmental protection and compliance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with like-minded professionals, committees, and organizations.
- Initiate and sustain activities to encourage new and existing environmental, health, and safety professionals to develop skills, expertise, and interest at the nexus of environmental issues and public health.
- Achieve and maintain excellence in committee operations through judicious use of volunteer resources, active engagement with all related AIHA volunteer groups and staff, and formalized mentoring and development of members.
Rachel Carson Award
The Rachel Carson Award is presented to those EH&S persons who have achieved outstanding success and distinction in their EH&S business, profession or life’s work.
Past Winners of the Rachel Carson Award
- 2018: Gerald Markowitz, PhD and David Rosner, PhD, MSPH
- 2017: Michael Yost
- 2016: Joan Plisko, PhD
- 2015: Environmental Health Coalition
- 2013: Ecojustice Canada
- 2012: J. Thomas Pierce, PhD, CIH, DABT
- 2011: No award
- 2010: Garrett Brown, CIH and the Maquiladora Health and Safety Support Network (MHSSN)
- 2009: Alliance for Chemical Safety
- 2008: Roy Deitchman, CIH, MS
- 2007: James L. Unmack, CIH, CSP, PE
- 2006: Anthony B. Diaz, ANCDF Employees TEACH Team, and Westinghouse Anniston
- 2005: Gildardo Acosta Ruiz, MS
- 2004: S. Katherine Hammond, PhD, CIH
- 2003: Cathy Walker and the Canadian Auto Workers Union Health Safety and Environmental Department
- 2002: Jonathan Crawford and Joseph Golden