Goals and Objectives
- Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate industrial hygiene information regarding engineering aspects.
- Provide education, training, and reference materials on engineering control technologies.
- Coordinate and communicate engineering control and technology information and issues.
- Promote and recognize achievement in engineering aspects of industrial hygiene.
Engineering Controls Library Project
The Engineering Control/Prevention through Design Library is online collection of links to existing engineering control and design resources for various risk areas. Links may highlight tools, research, case studies, and other information that promotes successful development of engineering controls and prevention through design concepts. Anyone may submit a recommended link to the Engineering Committee for consideration.
- Fan Sound Criteria, Attenuation Techniques, and Preventive Measures to Limit Sound Problems
- NIOSH Power Tools Database
- Controlling Silica Exposures in Construction
- Fan Performance Troubleshooting Guide
- Designing Dust Hoods for Better Dust Containment
- Filtered, Tempered, Supplied-Air Cab
- Hazard Evaluation and Preventive Recommendations for an Unusual Confined Space Issues in an Opera Set Design
- Understanding Fan Systems Effect
Submit a Link for Review
Are you aware of an effective Prevention through Design concept or control technology that is not featured in the library? Submit an a link for review.
Every year, members of the committee present three awards that recognize excellence in the development, verification, and/or application of engineering principles to the mitigation of stressors in the occupational environment:
- Best Engineering Paper: The awardees are selected by a committee of peers from papers published in The Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (previously the American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal and the Applied Occupational and Environmental Health Journal) during the calendar year (January–December) preceding the conference.
- Best Engineering Poster: The awardees are selected by a committee of peers from the technical posters presented in the AIH Conference and expo.
- Best Graduate Poster: This award recognizes the work of graduate students in the field of engineering. The awardees are selected by members of the committee among the posters presented in the student section.