- Advance the principles, policies, and practices of the NIOSH Office for Total Worker Health®.
- Participate in activities in support of the NIOSH Office for Total Worker Health®, such as:
- Conducting joint research.
- Developing programs, interventions, and other work products.
- Collaborating on seminars, meetings, training, and educational events.
- Creating and disseminating publications and other communication products.
- Cross-promote individual and joint activities.
- Meet with NIOSH at least annually to review responsibilities, current activities, and progress.
Goals and Objectives
- Exploring existing assets that have been prepared by NIOSH and their six Centers of Workplace Health to see what AIHA can leverage for the IH profession.
- Ensuring at least one AIHA representative attends every future TWH affiliate meeting and call.
- Being the primary point of contact with other affiliates and NIOSH’s TWH Centers to explore collaboration.
- Developing a strategic plan for what products or services AIHA might develop to benefit its members and the OEHS professional community.
- Developing vision and initiatives related to the industrial hygienist’s role in TWH, including forwarding the topic of Total Exposure Health within the industrial hygiene profession and TWH initiative.
- Liaising with AIHA’s Content Portfolio Advisory Group (CPAG) to ensure the content priority Total Worker Health® is aligned with AIHA’s efforts.
For more information, please contact Alla Orlova.
Total Worker Health® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Participation by AIHA does not imply endorsement by HHS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.