Member Letter: AIHA COVID-19 Resources
Dear AIHA Members,
As our country comes together to rise up and meet the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, we hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.
During this challenging time, we wanted to take a moment to catch you up on all the COVID-19 resources available to you, as well as AIHA’s efforts in the fight against this disease. We are in this together and AIHA is committed to help you create healthier workplaces and a healthier world.
Tools You Can Use
- COVID-19 Resource Center: Updated daily with links to official sources regarding public health resources available to support front-line workers and personnel fighting the pandemic.
- Recovering from COVID-19 Building Closures: Guidance document newly released by the AIHA Indoor Environmental Quality committee.
- Respirator Fit Testing: Find a consultant who can perform proper respirator fit testing from our 2020 Consultants Listing.
- JOEH Articles Related to COVID-19: Check out all coronavirus related articles published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (JOEH).
- AIHA and ABSA International Sharing Collective Resources: ABSA International’s resources in biosafety and biosecurity, as well as AIHA’s resources in industrial hygiene, are crucial to both professions and the community at large. (Please media alert below)
- Catalyst Open Forum: Ask or answer a question, discuss, collaborate with colleagues regarding COVID-19.
- AIHA University eLibrary: Secure a 30-day subscription, providing online access to 50 of AIHA’s best-selling publications for less than 80% of the full subscription. It includes full publications and select chapters that you can read anytime.
- The Role of the Industrial Hygienist in a Pandemic: Guidance for industrial hygienists on protecting general workers, healthcare workers, and management to protect workers in a flu pandemic.
- Incident Safety and Health Management Handbook: Addresses planning and execution during various disasters response operations.
- Ventilation, Surface Disinfection and PPE Considerations for the IP and IH: Free webinar recording addresses questions about ventilation, surface disinfection, respirators, construction issues, occupational health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How You Can Help
- Congress is working on a fourth COVID-19 aid package and AIHA is asking policymakers to include the text of the COVID-19 Health Care Worker Protection Act in the forthcoming bill. The COVID-19 Health Care Worker Protection Act would require the U.S. Secretary of Labor to issue an emergency temporary standard to protect employees of health care sector employers and employees in other sectors whom the CDC or OSHA identifies as having an elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19. The Act would also require the Secretary to begin work on a permanent standard after the emergency standard is issued. Please contact your Members of Congress today and urge them to include the text of the COVIDー19 Health Care Worker Protection Act of 2020 (H.R.6139) in the next coronavirus aid bill.
- Support AIHA and ACOEM’s efforts with in-kind donations of surplus PPE to help healthcare workers who are on the front lines in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Share this new infographic on proper use of respirators for health care workers and first responders.
- We also invite you to share your COVID-19 stories on social media, using hashtag #IAMIH, and join the open forum discussions on Catalyst.
Last, but not least, we would like to thank you for the critical work you continue to do during this difficult time.