The Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc. (AIOH) is the largest occupational hygiene society in Australia and the only professional society representing qualified occupational hygienists in Australia. The overall objective of AIOH is to use science and engineering to prevent ill health caused by the environment in which people work.
AIOH seeks to achieve this by:
- Promoting the profession of occupational hygiene
- Improving the practice of occupational hygiene and the knowledge, competence and standing of its practitioners
- Representing the profession nationally and internationally
- Increasing public awareness of the field of occupational hygiene
AIOH GAP Benefits for AIHA Members
- AIOH Newsletter
- Online Member Directory
- Free Member Publications
- Member Pricing on AIOH E-Publications, AIOH Annual Conference, Seminars, and E-Learning/Webinar
Join the British Occupational Hygiene Society for a Special Discount and Grow a Truly Global Network
The world we live in is getting smaller every day, thanks to new technology, ever growing transport options and businesses that increasingly operate on an international level.
As occupational hygienists, it has never been more important to maintain an international outlook and think of ourselves as global citizens, whether because we work directly for multinational organisations with operations in diverse parts of the world or because we understand the importance of being part of a truly global network for our career paths.
Work-related ill health is a global problem which needs global solutions. Fortunately, as specialists in worker health protection, we have the skills to tackle this unacceptable international burden that harms our workers, our companies and public health itself.
Established in 1953, BOHS, the Chartered Society for Worker Health Protection, has, for well over 60 years, offered global leadership in occupational hygiene, acting as a hub for international progress in the prevention of work-related ill health.
Our members operate in the UK and all over the world, serving as highly respected global leaders at the very cutting edge of worker health protection, exchanging ideas and collaborating in the interests of a healthy working environment for everyone.
For all of these reasons, we would like to invite you, as a member of an IOHA national association, to join our International Partner scheme and become an international member of BOHS.
For just £43 a year, being a part of the BOHS International Partner scheme will offer you:
- Membership of BOHS, the biggest occupational hygiene society outside the United States, connecting over 1700 members in more than 50 countries around the world
- On-line searchable access to the full text of the current edition of the prestigious international journal the Annals of Work Exposures and Health
- On-line access to the back catalogue of the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, formerly known as the Annals of Occupational Hygiene
- Member-only access to our vibrant BOHS website
- Access to the BOHS regular Exposure Magazine (online) and e-bulletins