AIHA Announces its 2019-20 Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Release No. SMR-19-0611-01
Sue Marchese, AIHA Communications
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (June 11, 2019) — The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA®) announced its new Board of Directors during its annual business meeting at the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce EXP) in Minneapolis on May 23.
AIHA’s Board of Directors for 2019-20 includes the following officers:
- President: Kathy S. Murphy, CIH
- President-elect: J. Lindsay Cook, MSPH, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Vice president: John R. Mulhausen, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Past president: Cynthia A. Ostrowski, CIH, FAIHA
- Secretary: Dina Siegel, CIH, CSP, CBSP, FAIHA
- Treasurer: Donna S. Heidel, CIH, FAIHA
- Treasurer-elect: Nicole Greeson, M.S., CIH
- AIHA chief executive officer: Lawrence Sloan, CAE
The following members will serve as AIHA directors for 2019-20:
- Lucinette Alvarado, M.S., CIH
- Srinivas Durgam, CIH, CSP
- CDR Bradley S. King, Ph.D., MPH, CIH
- Pamela Kostle, M.S., CIH, FAIHA
- Michael Ochs, MPA, CIH, CSP
- Michele M. Twilley, DrPH, CIH
The following leaders have completed their terms of service on the AIHA board: past president, Deborah Imel Nelson, Ph.D., CIH, FAIHA; secretary, Michael Rosenow, MPH, CIH, CSP; and past directors, Cathy Hovde, CIH, CSP, and Joselito S. Ignacio, M.A., MPH, CIH, CSP, FAIHA, REHS. Nelson, Rosenow, Hovde and Ignacio will remain active volunteers with AIHA.
“On behalf of AIHA I want to thank the outgoing board members for their dedicated service. They have consistently made impactful contributions to AIHA and have provided valuable guidance for the association and its members,” said Lawrence Sloan, AIHA CEO. “We are pleased to welcome the new leadership and looking forward to work with them for the advancement of AIHA’s mission: Empowering those who apply scientific knowledge to protect all workers from occupational hazards.”
AIHA Past President Cynthia A. Ostrowski (right) passing the gavel to AIHA President Kathy S. Murphy (left)
Founded in 1939, AIHA is a nonprofit organization serving professionals dedicated to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, control, and confirmation of environmental stressors in or arising from the workplace that may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being of workers and members of the community. We provide comprehensive education programs and other products and services that help its members maintain the highest professional standards.
More than half of the nearly 8,500 members are Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs), and many hold other professional designations. AIHA serves as a resource for those employed in the industrial, consulting, academic, and government sectors. Learn more at www.aiha.org.