American Industrial Hygiene Association Unveils Its New Website
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Release No. SMR-19-0828-01
Sue Marchese, AIHA Communications
(703) 846-0742; firstname.lastname@example.org
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (August 28, 2019) -- The American Industrial Hygiene Association, a leader in advancing public policies that protect and foster worker health and safety, unveiled today its newly designed website: AIHA.org
The new AIHA.org adds content resources that are easily accessible for industrial hygiene and occupational health professionals, government agencies, researchers and students interested in worker health and safety, and the general public. Additionally, the modern design and revamped navigation system make it more intuitive so that in just a few clicks visitors can find the information they need.
Resources include the following:
- The new AIHA University provides cutting-edge education, training programs, and conferences to current and aspiring industrial hygiene and OEHS professionals.
- The new AIHA University e-Library grants visitors unlimited online access to 50 of AIHA's bestselling publications, including newly released titles.
- A new public resource center offers professionals as well as consumers extensive information and links on a variety of industrial hygiene topics and worker safety issues, such as disaster recovery, mold, noise exposure, environmental issues, respiratory protection, ergonomics, nanotechnology, indoor air quality, and incident preparedness and response.
- The new AIHA Member Center gives members access to exclusive information dashboards and AIHA's online community, Catalyst, along with the latest information on issues affecting industrial hygiene and related occupational and environmental health and safety professions.
- A reorganized communication center makes it easier for reporters to find valuable information from AIHA's press releases, position statements, and membership letters. Our communications team also answers media inquiries and puts journalists in touch with IH experts and resources.
As you explore the site, you'll find new information as well as some things that have been there all along but were hard to find, such as free downloads of white papers, infographics, and so much more. Make sure you visit the About AIHA section to learn more about AIHA's strategic plan and governance.
Founded in 1939, AIHA is a nonprofit organization serving professionals dedicated to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, control, and confirmation of environmental stressors in or arising from the workplace that may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being of workers and members of the community. We provide comprehensive education programs and other products and services that help its members maintain the highest professional standards.
More than half of the nearly 8,500 members are Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs), and many hold other professional designations. AIHA serves as a resource for those employed in the industrial, consulting, academic, and government sectors. Learn more at www.aiha.org