From a letter issued on March 26, 2020 from AIHA President, Kathy Murphy, CIH, and ABSA International President David Gillum, RBP (ABSA)
As leaders of AIHA and ABSA International, we would like to jointly show our appreciation for our members during this tenuous time and the critical work they do for the global community. Both professions, in most cases working jointly together, are keeping our workplaces and communities safe. ABSA International’s resources in biosafety and biosecurity, as well as AIHA’s resources in industrial hygiene, are crucial to both professions and the community at large. ABSA International and AIHA want to share our resources with each organization’s members and plan to continue collaborating to assist our members in the future.
- Respirator Fit Testing: Find a consultant who can perform proper respirator fit-testing from our 2020 Consultants Listing.
- The Role of the Industrial Hygienist in a Pandemic provides guidance for industrial hygienists on protecting general workers, healthcare workers, and management to protect workers in a flu pandemic. (Read a free sample with important checklists included.)
- Incident Safety and Health Management Handbook addresses planning and execution during various disasters response operations. It provides technical information on air monitoring, respiratory protection, and personal protective equipment, and offers guidelines for an effective response to an all-hazards threat environment.
- FREE WEBINAR RECORDING: Ventilation, surface disinfection and PPE considerations for the IP and IH. This town hall-style webinar, co-hosted by AIHA and the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), will address occupational health and safety professionals’, industrial hygienists’ and infection preventionists’ questions about ventilation, surface disinfection, respirators, construction issues, occupational health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. The live webinar hit maximum capacity, but feel free to sign up to get access to the recording afterwards.
ABSA International Resources
- SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 TOOLBOX
- COVID-19 page
- Online Educational Resources, Including Free Basic Biosafety On-Demand Module
- Biosafety and Biosecurity Links and Resources
- ABSA Biosafety and ABSA Public Health listservs
- Risk Group Database
- LAI Database
Kathleen Murphy, CIH
President, AIHA President
David Gillum, RBP (ABSA)