At AIHce 2014 + Stewardship in San Antonio, AIHA President Barbara Dawson honored AIHA's outstanding volunteer groups, project teams, and individual volunteers for their contributions during the last year.Shining Star Awards,
recognizing AIHA volunteer groups demonstrating exemplary commitment to service, innovation, and collaboration, were awarded to:
- The Ergonomics Committee, for its collaborative work with entities within and outside AIHA to produce innovative ergonomics resources.
- The Indoor Environmental Quality Committee, for its prolific production of high quality resources for IH professionals, and its effective volunteer engagement practices.
- The Stewardship and Sustainability Committee, for its contributions to an emerging field within industrial hygiene, and to the establishment of the AIHA Product Stewardship Society.
The Soaring Star Award,
recognizing a volunteer group showing a sustained commitment to excellence, was awarded to the International Affairs Committee for its support of resources and projects with global reach and impact.
The Rising Star Award,
recognizing a volunteer group showing growth and innovation, was awarded to the Oil and Gas Working Group for its significant contribution in its three-year existence to the body of knowledge used by IH practitioners in the oil and gas industry.
Three volunteers were recognized as Outstanding Individual Contributors
for their impact on their volunteer groups, AIHA, and their profession:
- Jack Hill, for his significant contribution of expertise and leadership to the Real Time Detection Systems Committee.
- Mary O’Reilly, PhD, CIH, CPE, for her innovative, collaborative, and impactful work on the Ergonomics Committee.
- Pam Williams, ScD, for her creative leadership of the Risk Assessment Committee.
Three Outstanding Project Teams
were recognized for innovative and collaborative work:
- IH Calculator App Project Team (Computer Applications Committee), for engaging academic and business IH professionals in a practical and innovative project.
- Nanotechnology PDC, Roundtable, and Symposium Outreach Project Team (Nanotechnology Working Group), for expanding knowledge in an emerging IH field.
- SECP AIHA Mentoring Project Team (Students and Early Career Professionals Committee), for building community within AIHA and supporting the future of the IH profession.