By Kathryn Grandstaff
On this week’s “platform” of an episode, Craig and I talk to AIHA Past President Elizabeth Pullen about the call for AIHA Board nominations and the electoral process. Here are our top 5 takeaways this week:
- Elizabeth reminds us that any AIHA member in good standing may be nominated to the Board. Self-nominations are also acceptable, so be sure to get your nomination forms completed.
- Nomination forms are due by November 1 and can be submitted using the electronic form available on the AIHA website.
- Nominations are being accepted for four AIHA Board positions: Vice President, Treasurer-Elect and two Director positions. The elected individuals will assume office in May 2013.
- No previous experience is required to pursue a Board position. Volunteer group and committee involvement is a plus though!
- The Board sets the pace and direction for AIHA. Being a member of the Board will not only help to shape the organization, but will provide you an opportunity to be further involved in the profession at-large.