New Growth for the Product Stewardship Conference
If you’ve attended AIHce in the past three years, you’re probably familiar with the Product Stewardship Conference. Hosted by AIHA’s Product Stewardship Society, the conference has fast become the go-to event for product stewards, bringing together professionals from over a dozen product use areas and throughout the value chain. This year, after outgrowing the space available at AIHce, Product Stewardship 2017 is taking place November 2–4 at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina. An exciting program is planned with sessions focused on topics such as extended producer responsibility, global regulations, hazard and risk communication, risk assessment, supply chain/value chain communications, and talent management.
We are pleased to feature several new enhancements that are sure to appeal to attendees. These include:
- The Exchange—Networking is a key component to the Product Stewardship Conference, so, this year, we’re introducing The Exchange, a central location for attendees to gather, share thoughts, recharge, and visit with participating partners.
- Partner Showcase—Attendees will hear from some of our event partners as they present case studies and demonstrations, and discuss the latest innovations in product stewardship.
In addition, you’ll hear from two insightful keynote speakers:
- “Product Stewardship in the 21st Century—Beyond Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance,” presented by Darius Sabaliunas, Associate Director at the Global Product Stewardship organization of Procter & Gamble
- “Crisis Never Takes a Day Off in the Digital Era,” presented by David Henderson, Emmy-Award winning former CBS Network News correspondent, and sponsored by ERM
Finally, we’ve added bonus programming to appeal to both young and seasoned product stewardship practitioners:
Pre-conference courses (Wednesday, November 1)
- Essentials of Product Stewardship—Do you interface with or have your responsibilities grown to include product stewardship? If so, this course is a must!
- SDS & Label Authoring for Product Stewards—If are you responsible for the creation of SDS and labels, this course will give you the skills to ensure they are compliant.
Executive Leadership Workshop (Saturday, November 4)
- Performance Improvement Tools for Product Stewardship—Learn how to seamlessly integrate your PS group into the larger organization.
Product Stewardship 2017 offers a wide variety of education options, not only in the range of topics, but also in learning level and formats. So, whether you’re new to product stewardship or a seasoned professional, you’ll find practical content and solutions to the challenges you face on a day-to-day basis. Take a look at what’s in store. We hope to see you in Tampa!