JOEH Seeks Submissions for Special Issue on Health Equity in the Workplace
The Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene plans to publish a special issue on health equity in the workplace in May 2021. For this special issue, the journal seeks research on a range of topics including:
- how racial inequities affect workplace exposures
- effects of gender inequity on worker exposures and outcomes
- studies assessing health outcomes of “essential workers” during the COVID-19 pandemic
- accommodating disabilities in health protective interventions
- health equity in the gig economy and other precarious workforces
- exposure or effect studies for underserved populations, including the precariously employed
This special issue will focus on research, case studies, and policy commentaries that help JOEH readers identify ways to improve health equities through workplace systems. Individuals interested in contributing to this issue are encouraged to contact JOEH Editor-in-Chief Renée Anthony and Editorial Assistant Jennifer Patterson to discuss ideas.
To be considered for this special issue, manuscripts must be submitted by Oct. 30, 2020. Instructions for authors, including explanations of the article types JOEH publishes, are available on the Taylor & Francis website.