- The use of the following websites: www.aiha.org; www.aihceEXP.org; www.backtoworksafely.org; www.workerhealthsafety.org; www.OEHScareers.org; www.productstewards.org; www.psx.org; www.aihaaccreditedlabs.org; www.aiharegistries.org; www.aihaPAT.org (collectively, “the Websites”);
- Events you may attend (e.g., AIHce EXP annual conference);
- Email, text and other electronic messages between you and us;
- When and where available, through mobile and desktop applications, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us;
- Your use of websites run by partner companies that provide services to AIHA.
Cookies. Cookies are pieces of data sent to your browser when you visit a website and stored on your device. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
IP Address. Our servers automatically record certain log file information reported from your browser when you access the services. These server logs may include information such as which pages of the service you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the services. These log files are generally deleted after a period of time.
There is no personally identifiable information being collected or kept by web beacons, GIFs, or IP addresses.
Disclosure of Information
We share your Personal Data with third parties who provide certain services to us to assist us in meeting business operation needs. These parties are authorized to process your Personal Data, on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions, only as necessary to provide these services to us. We share your Personal Data with service providers. Non-exhaustively, those parties may include:
- Business and professional service providers such as customer service providers, database software vendors, subscription fulfillment, insurers, banks, accountants, and lawyers;
- IT service providers including developers, website hosts, or cloud storage providers;
- Providers helping us distribute information and marketing messages such as listserv or email marketing services;
- Third parties who help us organize and administer our events including submission and app software;
- Providers of research and analytics services, including third-party tools we deploy (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Other members via our membership directory;
- Financial companies that process payments on our behalf;
- Regulatory authorities, such as tax authorities; and /or
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
In addition, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the (prospective) seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us may be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under any legal or regulatory duty to do so; and/or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of AIHA, its personnel, users, visitors, or others.
AIHA uses Google Analytics to track how often people gain access to or read our content. We use this information in the aggregate to understand what content our members find useful or interesting, so we can produce the most valuable content to meet your needs.
We may also disclose Personal Data to third parties in the following circumstances: (1) if you request or authorize; (2) the information is provided (a) to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process), (b) to enforce an agreement we have with you, (c) to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others, (d) to investigate fraud, or (e) to respond to a government request or to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (3) to address emergencies or acts of God; (4) to address disputes, claims, or to persons holding a legal or beneficial interest; (5) if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, in which case your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
Links to and Interaction with Third Party Products
What Information Is Collected and How It Is Collected
AIHA collects and uses information that alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) in order to deliver our products and services, process applications to join programs, inform you of various opportunities, and provide support, as described below (please also see the “How Information is Used” section below).
- Information You Provide to AIHA. AIHA primarily collects Personal Data provided to us by individuals when they interact with our products, services, and customer service. For example, you may voluntarily provide us with Personal Data when you become a member, register for the annual meeting, participate in a survey, purchase items from the online store, donate, or create a nonmember account.
- The types of Personal Data that we collect vary based on the services covered on the websites, but generally include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other voluntarily provided information defined as personally identifiable information (or similar term) by applicable laws (collectively, “Personal Data”).
- Information Received from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about you, or from third parties which have shared information (including an individual’s name, job title, business contact information, and information about the institution where the individual works) and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify others interested in sociology, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. Your employer may also provide some data (usually limited to public information found on the institution website) as well for, but not limited to, AIHA directory listings.
- Automatically Collected Data. As you interact on our websites, we may collect information about your computer or device and visits to one or more of our websites (“Automatically Collected Data”) through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). The types of Automatically Collected Data collected on our websites through the use of these and other tools that we may add from time to time may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user information, browser information, computer or device type, operating system, internet service provider, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, and ads viewed. Automatically Collected Data is statistical data and may include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
How Information is Used
- Provide our products and services and respond to requests. We use the Personal Data we collect from you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to provide you support or other services you have ordered from us; provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices; carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; respond directly to your information requests (including registrations or other specific requests) or other inquiries; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Website Access. We use the Personal Data through Automatically Collected Data means (unless otherwise restricted by law) to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the websites; analyze how the website is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content; allow you to participate in interactive features on our website; and notify you about changes to our website, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Information and Marketing. We use the Personal Data we collect from you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to send information and marketing communications regarding products, services, and promotions to current and former members. You can unsubscribe from these lists using the link in the footer of any email message or change the subscription(s) in the email preference center or your AIHA profile at any time.
- Correspondence. If you correspond with the AIHA via email, the postal service, our web forms, or other forms of communication, we may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. We may use the information for business purposes, including responding to your inquiry, notifying you of AIHA-related opportunities, and other marketing purposes.
- Aggregated Data. We may compile, anonymize, and/or aggregate Personal Data and other information collected about members and/or websites visitors and use such anonymized and/or aggregated data for our business and research purposes, including disclosing such data to our partners, service providers, advertisers and/or other third parties for research, marketing, or promotional purposes. This aggregate information does not identify you.
- Demographic Information. In addition to basic contact information (e.g., name, address, email), certain demographic and educational information is collected. Providing demographic information is voluntary. Demographic information is used primarily for statistical purposes where you cannot be identified. If you do not wish your information to be used for these purposes, you may choose not to submit it.
- Mailing Lists. AIHA maintains postal address mailing lists of its members that can be rented to send materials of genuine professional interest. This list does not include any personal data beyond the postal address. Available mailing lists can identify members by interest, member journal subscribers, and subscribed sections. You may opt-out of inclusion in the mailing list.
- Online Member Directory. Access to the Online Member Directory is limited to current AIHA members for their personal use only. In using the directory, members agree that no results of any search will be redistributed, transferred to magnetic media, or otherwise duplicated. Members also agree not to use any information contained in the directory to conduct any solicitation of sales of merchandise or services, or otherwise to promote themselves or their employer.
- Members may opt-out of being listed in the directory. Members who do not opt-out of the directory, may opt-out of listing contact information, including email, phone, mailing address, and social media handles/URLs.
Service Data. Our use of information collected on behalf of our partner websites is limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the partner has engaged the AIHA and is governed by our contract with that partner and the partner’s own privacy policies. As part of this engagement, AIHA may share Personal Data with partners to fulfill its services and contractual obligations.