Professional Growth from Anywhere in the World
Where we live can prevent us from being included in regional and localized events and opportunities, leaving us somewhat in the dark. Joining an AIHA local section, for example, is dependent on whether a section exists in your area. To alleviate this issue, AIHA has created a new Virtual Section for AIHA members who don’t have access to a local section, especially international members and those who live in outlying areas.
Keep Yourself in the Loop
Being a part of a section—whether local, student, or virtual—not only keeps you informed but also enhances your professional growth while promoting the field of IH/OEHS. The more you get involved, the further you are able to develop, both personally and professionally, while simultaneously supporting the industry. Joining a student or local section does not require AIHA national membership; however, national membership is strongly recommended to make the most of your professional development and increase your opportunities to network and connect with others in your industry.
AIHA national members who don’t have access to a local or student section can join the Virtual Section for a nominal fee of $25. Local and student section AIHA members concurrently have the option to join the Virtual Section if they wish to connect with members in different regions.
The benefits of joining the Virtual Section include:
- Increase your knowledge by attending educational webinars offered only to Virtual Section members―connect at a convenient time from home, work, or anywhere else with a wifi network.
- Make key contacts and get to know other Virtual Section members from the comfort of your home or workplace during Skype Coffee Talks.
- Meet other Virtual Section members in person at a special welcome event at AIHce EXP 2019 this May in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Connect with other Virtual Section members on the dedicated community page in Catalystfor communications, events, and announcements.
- Sharpen your professional outreach through personal one-on-ones with industry thought leaders offered only to Virtual Section members.
It couldn’t be easier to network, stay involved, and make a difference, just using your laptop or PC!
Purpose of Joining a Section
Each region may have its own specific concerns and variations on activities and events. The purpose of each AIHA section, however, remains the same:
- Protect the health and safety of workers and the community
- Increase knowledge of IH/OEHS in a specific region
- Share a concern about the health of workers worldwide as well as regionally
- Promote the profession and cooperate with government, industrial, education, and other professional bodies (local and student sections only)
It’s never been more convenient to get involved, promote the industry, and increase your professional development and leadership skills. Keep yourself in the loop and visit the Virtual Section page for more information on how to join.
Not sure if you have a local section where you live? Check out the local section regions website to see if there is one in your area. If you are a student, you have an opportunity to network with other IH/OEHS students and gain valuable experience and connections. Join a student local section by calling AIHA at (703) 846-0768 or by emailing email@example.com.