AIHA University Webinar: Assessing Ventilation for COVID-19 Mitigation and Beyond: Proactively Identify Ventilation Vulnerabilities
Earn 2 Contact Hours
Member $199 | Nonmember $225 | Student $25
Develop skills for recognizing and evaluating ventilation within the context of a pandemic.
Adequate ventilation is a key mitigation factor in the fight against aerosol transmissible diseases. Drawing from 2 years of field experience, this webinar will review the basics of assessing ventilation at the occupant level and help participants establish a framework to identify ventilation vulnerabilities.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Review examples of real-world ventilation scenarios.
- Discuss alignment with ASHRAE, CDC, California Department of Public Health Interim Guidance for Ventilation, Filtration, and Air Quality in Indoor Environments; and the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standard.
- Practice analyzing data to determine comprehension.
- Learn strategies for communicating risk to empower workplaces.
- Learn how to improve psychological and physical safety.
- Review lessons learned from guiding organizations as they returned to in-person work.
- Enhance their knowledge of Indoor Air Quality and ventilation assessment equipment, such as balometers, CO2 monitors, rotating vane anemometers, etc.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Create and utilize a framework for assessing building, office, and school ventilation risks.
- Better communicate safety protocols to workplaces.
- Improve psychological and physical safety in the workplace.
- Calculate air exchange data to be able to compare to ASHRAE guidelines, and other industry best practice guidelines.
David Moore, MPH, CIH is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and a graduate of UC Berkeley's School of Public Health Masters program. He is one dissertation away from a doctorate in public health. He and his life partner began Intrinsic Environment, Health & Safety in 2017, providing scientifically grounded solutions for local businesses, universities, governmental entities, non-profits, addressing some of societies pressing occupational environmental health challenges. Most recently, David has been assisting local schools and businesses return to school and work safety.
Contact [email protected].