Today’s widespread use of computers has created a cluster of ergonomic conditions somewhat distinct from other workplace concerns.
This guide addresses these conditions and will familiarize you with ergonomic principles intended to minimize the risk of eyestrain, musculoskeletal disorders, and stress. Perfect for those who design office space, work on computers, and are responsible for the health and safety of office workers!
- Background on musculoskeletal disorders and computer work
- Recommended ergonomics interventions and controls
- Special applications
- Office equipment purchasing guidelines
- A quick checklist with possible interventions
- Additional standards, guidelines, and resources for workstation-related ergonomic safety