Goals and Objectives
The AIHA Minority SIG addresses issues and concerns within the industrial hygiene and environmental health profession that uniquely affect individuals classified as minorities within the United States population and those that affect disadvantaged and low-income workers and other community members.
- Provide a forum for discussion among AIHA members of the health, safety, and environmental issues that uniquely affect minorities, disadvantaged, and low-income workers and community members.
- Increase and facilitate communication among AIHA minority members and provide a means by AIHA minority members can respond to events of common interest.
- Increase awareness of the industrial hygiene and environmental health profession among minorities.
- Assist and support minorities aspiring to enter the industrial hygiene and environmental health profession.
- Community outreach - STEM programs and EHS
- Working with Women in IH X MSIG X Social Concerns Committee Collaboration for Inclusive and Diverse PPE for All
- Occupational Health Equity Collaboration with NIOSH, Pr(IH)de, Women in IH, Social Concerns Committee, and MSIG
- AIHA Outstanding Volunteer Group (2022, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
- Awarded the Shining Star Award (2021), Rising Star Award (2020), and Soaring Star Award (2010)
Qualifications to Join
Members must be an AIHA member in good standing. If you are interested in learning more about membership, please visit https://www.aiha.org/membership.