- Free Powerful and Easy-To-Use Statistical Tools. Access is provided to powerful and easy-to-use free tools for the statistical analysis of exposure monitoring data. These include tools for data analysis using traditional statistics (e.g. IHSTAT) and Bayesian statistics (e.g. IHDA-AIHA and Expostats). For more information, click here.
- Free Stand-Alone Online Webinar. A free eight-hour “Making Accurate Exposure Risk Decisions” online webinar is available to everyone. It consists of a series of seven videos teaching the properties of lognormally distributed exposure profiles and how to use the free traditional and Bayesian statistical exposure data analysis tools to make accurate exposure risk decisions. The videos were created and presented by leading experts, including lead developers of the free statistical analysis tools. An online practice exam is provided at the end of the webinar for people to test their learning and get feedback on areas where further review is needed.
- Free Online Independent Validation of Competency and Performance via the AIHA Exposure Decision Analysis Registry Exam. The AIHA Exposure Decision Analysis (EDA) Registry program assesses competency in the skills and knowledge necessary to make informed decisions about worker exposure and exposure uncertainty. The program is offered at no cost as a service to the OEHS community. The goal of this program is to improve the accuracy and efficiency of exposure assessment decisions that can be made when using statistical analysis tools. The assessment is composed of two parts: 1) a multiple-choice section that focuses on relevant general knowledge areas; and 2) a multiple-choice section based on the interpretation of supplied datasets.
Steps for Use
1. Learners download (and install if necessary) software for performing statistical analysis of data. Click here to access various tools.
2. Learners complete the free “Making Accurate Exposure Risk Decisions” Webinar.
- Quick Guide: How to access the “Making Accurate Exposure Risk Decisions” Online Webinar
- Click here to access the webinar
3. Learners complete the free “Practice Exam” associated with the webinar.
4. For missed practice exam questions, learners review the correct exam answers along with the appropriate sections in the webinar and provided worked examples to reinforce correct learning.
5. Learners pass the free Exposure Decision Analysis Registry Exam to demonstrate competency and proficiency.
- Overview of EDA Registry
- Quick Guide: How to Apply for the EDA Registry Exam
NOTE: Candidates are allowed 1 initial test and up to 2 retests (3 attempts in total) before a 6-month test break is required.
6. Upon successful completion of the exam, your name will be featured on the AIHA Registry List of Registered Specialists: Exposure Decision Analysis.