Member $575 | Non-Member $675 | Student $575
Updated in 2014, this self-study course is designed for EH&S professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of the occupational health sciences (known traditionally as industrial hygiene).
You can use this outstanding study program for an in-depth review, to prepare for a certification exam, or simply to enhance your career opportunities. The study program is divided into 12 parts: 11 lessons and an online final exam.
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Lesson 1—History; Objectives; Ethics; Math and Science Review
Lesson 2—Physiology/Anatomy; Biomechanics; Occupational Toxicology; Epidemiological Surveillance; Occupational Medicine and Diseases
Lesson 3—Laws and Regulations; Standards; Associations
Lesson 4—Exposure Evaluation; Risk Assessment & Management
Lesson 5—Air Sampling; Air-Sampling Instruments; Analytical Techniques
Lesson 6—General Methods of Control; Local Exhaust Ventilation of Industrial Occupancies; General Ventilation of Industrial Occupancies
Lesson 7—Respiratory Control; Personal Protective Equipment; Protective Clothing
Lesson 8—Indoor Air Quality; Ventilation of Nonindustrial Occupancies; Air Pollution; Ergonomics and Human Factors
Lesson 9—Thermal Environments (heat and cold stress) and sound, noise, and hearing protection
Lesson 10--Ionizing Radiation and Nonionizing Radiation; Safety and Other EH&S Concerns
Lesson 11--IH and EH&S Management
Who Will Benefit
- Industrial hygienists
- Occupational and environmental health and safety professionals
- Technical, engineering and laboratory personnel making the bridge to IH
- Seasoned professionals seeking a comprehensive review
- Those professionals preparing to take the CORE or BGC's CIH certification exam
Time to Complete
This course will take 100 hours to complete. You will have up to 12 months from your enrollment date to complete your coursework, successfully pass the online final exam and complete the online course evaluation.
Web course materials
All course materials are provided as PDF downloads via the course online community (registrant-access only). No hardcopy materials are mailed for this course.
- Lesson agendas and overviews
- Selected chapters from Jeff Burton's Industrial Hygiene Workbook, 6th Edition
- Selected chapters from AIHA's The Occupational Environment: Its Evaluation, Control, and Management, 3rd Edition *
- Online learning problems, lesson tests and learner reflection activities.
An online final exam and evaluation are required for successful completion of this course.
*Although this course uses selected chapters from AIHA's The Occupational Environment: Its Evaluation, Control, and Management, 3rd Edition, course participants are provided the full text online for their reference.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.