Member $450 | Non-Member $550 | Student $450
This self-study course is a comprehensive course intended for IHs and other OEHS professionals. The course follows the book Useful Equations which covers topics such as: calculation and estimation approaches related to airborne contaminants, TLV and TWA, OA for dilution, fans, system testing, sound and noise, radiation, ventilation, statistics, ventilation, IAQ, and more. The course workbook will illustrate how to apply 150 equations to the real world of industrial hygiene and OH&S. Each section presents practical applications, short case studies, and sample calculations, both manually and using the IVE AutoCalc Spreadsheet programs.
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
Algebra; familiarity with the IH or OH&S professions
Section 1- Introduction, General Math Review, General Sciences, Cost Estimating
Section 2 - General Industrial Hygiene, Statistics
Section 3 - Local Exhaust Ventilation, Dilution Ventilation
Section 4 - Ductwork
Section 5 - Hoods, Fans, Stacks
Section 6 - Indoor Air Quality, Thermal Conditions
Section 7 - Sound and Noise, Radiation
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental estimation techniques and calculations related to industrial hygiene and occupational health and safety.
- Explain terms and units used in IH- and OH&S-related estimations and formulas.
- Apply formulas to practical situations seen in IH and OH&S work.
- Generate formulas and mathematical relationships using dimensional analysis
- Use IVE AutoCalc Spreadsheets to perform calculations.
- Speak knowledgeably with others regarding IH and OH&S estimations and calculations.
Time to Complete
This course will take about 40-50 hours to complete. You will have up to 12 months from your enrollment date to complete it.
Materials are accessible and downloadable via the course Online Community (registrant access only)
- Course Lesson Presentations (PPT)
- Student Lesson Manual (PDF)
- Useful Equations workbook
- IVE AutoCalc Spreadsheet (preprogrammed Excel Spreadsheet program)
- Final exam & Evaluation
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.