In 2018, a strategic planning task force was formed and worked diligently to draft our new strategic plan, which is reflective of the entire AIHA enterprise. Special thanks to the entire team – Deborah Nelson (Chair), Barbara Dawson, Cindy Ostrowski, Dina Siegel, Georgi Popov, Jake Shedd, John Moore, Kathy Murphy, Melissa Rupert – and AIHA staff for their invaluable input. The new plan features five (5) domains: Community, Awareness, Advancement & Dissemination of Knowledge, Integrity of IH Practice, and Advocacy. It also features metrics which the Board will begin tracking over time to monitor progress and measure success (think Key Performance Indicators).
Our Mission: Empowering those who apply scientific knowledge to protect all workers from occupational hazards.
Our Vision: A world where all workers are healthy and safe.
- We prevent illnesses and injuries: AIHA members strive to prevent occupational illness and injury as a fundamental principle of the industrial hygiene and related occupational and environmental health and safety professions.
- We advocate and develop science-based policy and practice: AIHA members advocate for the profession and develop sound science-based public policy and practice through collaboration across scientific and technical communities to ensure that safe and healthy environments are provided for all workers and communities.
- We respect workers and communities: AIHA members respect the rights of workers and communities to have healthy and safe environments.
- We support employers and employees: AIHA members recognize and support that operational excellence is complementary to both business and industrial hygiene and related occupational and environmental health and safety goals and priorities.
- We respect our members: AIHA’s Board of Directors, volunteers, members, and staff conduct the business of the Association with respect for diversity of opinion, transparent and open communication, and with due consideration of each member’s limited volunteer time.