Meet the Standards Advisory Panel:
AIHA Standards Activities
Standards Advisory Panel (SAP)
The SAP is responsible for making prioritized recommendations regarding AIHA's involvement in consensus standards-setting activities to ensure that industrial hygiene and occupational/environmental health and safety are represented.
The goals for AIHA standards development activities are:
- to ensure that AIHA obtains and maintains an appropriate level of involvement or leadership in industrial/occupational hygiene-related standards globally;
- to encourage broader participation by AIHA in the development of international IH/OH standards while supporting and strengthening the existing domestic standards development efforts;
- to support the development and harmonization of national and international IH/OH standards; and
- to provide a forum for AIHA members to provide meaningful input into the standards development process.
Click here to see the various national and international standards and standards-setting committees and the list of members that currently represent AIHA.
AIHA Standards Engagement
The AIHA Guideline Foundation Standards Advisory Panel has developed a Standards Engagement Process that will allow AIHA to:
- identify the consensus standards issues that are important to AIHA members and stakeholders;
- track activities pertaining to standards development that has an impact on the industrial hygiene profession and worker health and safety;
- determine the appropriate level of AIHA involvement in any such standards; and
- engage more effectively in developing and influencing standards in support of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
To Request for Evaluation of a Consensus Standard, please fill out a form here.
- Roles and Responsibilities. This document outlines the background, purpose, scope, structure, selection and qualification, duties, and procedures, and processes of the SAP.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form. This document ensures impartial and objective decision-making on policy development and content by requiring active volunteers (i.e. Board members, SAP, AIHA representative/alternate to the technical standards committee, ERPC, other working group members) to disclose any potential conflicts prior to any policy, product, or document development.
- AIHA Standard Representatives Periodic Report. This form is used by AIHA Standard Representatives to report standard development activities.
- AIHA Representatives/Alternates to Consensus Standards Setting Bodies: General Requirements. This document reviews the general requirements that AIHA Representatives and Alternates adhere to during the development of the consensus standards.