Meet the Standards Advisory Panel:
AIHA Standards Activities
Standards Advisory Panel (SAP)
The SAP is responsible for making prioritized recommendations regarding AIHA's involvement in consensus standards setting activities to ensure that industrial hygiene and occupational/environmental health and safety is represented.
- Roles and Responsibilities. This document outlines the background, purpose, scope, structure, selection and qualification, duties, and procedures and processes of the SAP.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form. This document ensures impartial and objective decision-making on policy development and content by requiring active volunteers (i.e. Board members, SAP, AIHA representative/alternate to technical standards committee, ERPC, other working group members) to disclose any potential conflicts prior to any policy, product, or document development.
- AIHA Standard Representatives Periodic Report. This form is used by AIHA Standard Representatives to report standard development activities.
- AIHA Representatives/Alternates to Consensus Standards Setting Bodies: General Requirements. This document reviews the general requirements that AIHA Representatives and Alternates adhere to during the development of the consensus standards.
AIHA Standards Development
The goals for AIHA standards development activities are:
- to ensure that AIHA obtains and maintains an appropriate level of involvement or leadership in industrial/occupational hygiene-related standards globally;
- to encourage broader participation by AIHA in the development of international IH/OH standards while supporting and strengthening the existing domestic standards development efforts;
- to support the development and harmonization of national and international IH/OH standards; and
- to provide a forum for AIHA members to provide meaningful input into the standards development process.
AIHA Standards Engagement
The AIHA Guideline Foundation Standards Advisory Panel has developed a Standards Engagement Process that will allow AIHA to:
- identify the consensus standards issues that are important to AIHA members and stakeholders;
- track activities pertaining to standards development that have an impact on the industrial hygiene profession and worker health and safety;
- determine the appropriate level of AIHA involvement in any such standards; and
- engage more effectively in developing and influencing standards in support of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
To Request for Evaluation of a Consensus Standard, please fill out a form here.
AIHA Standards Representatives
Click here to see the various national and international standards and standards-setting committees and the list of members that currently represent AIHA.