The AIHA 2016-2018 Strategic Plan
Creating knowledge to protect worker health
Elimination of workplace illnesses
- We prevent illnesses and injuries: AIHA members strive to prevent occupational illness and injury as a fundamental principle of the industrial hygiene and related occupational and environmental health and safety professions.
- We advocate and develop science-based policy and practice: AIHA members advocate for the profession and develop sound science-based public policy and practice through collaboration across scientific and technical communities to ensure that safe and healthy environments are provided for all workers and communities.
- We respect workers and communities: AIHA members respect the rights of workers and communities to have healthy and safe environments.
- We support employers and employees: AIHA members recognize and support that operational excellence is complementary to both business and industrial hygiene and related occupational and environmental health and safety goals and priorities.
- We respect our members: AIHA’s Board of Directors, volunteers, members, and staff conduct the business of the Association with respect for diversity of opinion, transparent and open communication, and with due consideration of each member’s limited volunteer time.
AIHA will continue to build upon previous work and drive AIHA’s structure, governance, staffing, and budgeting in pursuit of the Association's strategic direction. These major groupings will serve to organize AIHA’s priorities for the 2016-2018 operating years:
Download the complete 2016-2018 Strategic Plan [PDF]
- Envisioned Futures Project
- Environmental Scan
- Content Strategy
- AIHA Balanced Scorecard