Goals and Objectives
- Assemble, evaluate and disseminate to occupational and environmental health professionals information relevant to the biological effects of non-ionizing radiation.
- Discuss and act on non-ionizing radiation issues.
- Provide education and training on non-ionizing radiation.
- Actively participate in identifying and responding to non-ionizing radiation issues.
- Identify, evaluate and comment on proposed legislation, regulations and standards affecting non-ionizing radiation.
John A. Leonowich Award
The John A. Leonowich Award recognizes the achievements made by current students in advancing both theirs and the profession’s understanding of non-ionizing radiation.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Evaluating Compliance with FCC Guidelines for Human Exposures to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields
- International Commission on Non-ionizing Radiation (ICNIRP)
- Most requested publications
IEEE Standards Association
- C95.3.1-2010 - IEEE Recommended Practice for Measurements and Computations of Electric, Magnetic, and Electromagnetic Fields with Respect to Human Exposure to Such Fields, 0 Hz to 100 kHz
Health Physics Society
Ask the Experts (FAQs)
Nonionizing Quick Reference Sheets:
- Blue Light Quick Reference
- Lasers Quick Reference Sheet
- UV Radiation Quick Reference Sheet
- Radiofrequency & Microwave Radiation Quick Reference Sheet
- Static Magnetic Fields Quick Reference Sheet