Goals and Objectives
The committee strives to encourage and highlight work within the industrial hygiene community that advances the health of all workplaces, with emphasis on protection of vulnerable populations.
- Identify current industrial hygiene issues affecting vulnerable populations to create a greater understanding of societal factors and how these factors can influence exposures in the workplace and our communities.
- Raise the level of awareness on relevant social issues among occupational and environmental health professionals.
- Ban on Specific Hazards in the Workplace Position Statement
- Prevention of Workplace Violence Position Statement
- Prevention of Workplace Violence White Paper
- Workplace Rights Position Statement
- Workplace Rights White Paper
Upton Sinclair Memorial Lecture
The Upton Sinclair Memorial Lecture for an Outstanding Occupational Safety and Health News Story of The Year highlights the importance of media in occupational safety and health, to show AIHA members what is beyond their plants and companies, to involve the public in the cause of occupational safety and health, and to recognize good investigative reporting.