Scope of Work
The Toxicology Committee is a group of professionals interested in helping other professionals understand and utilize toxicology concepts in their EHS practices.
Goals and Objectives
- Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate to occupational and environmental health professional’s information relevant to evaluation and interpretation of toxicology data.
- Discuss and act on toxicology issues.
- Provide education and training on toxicology issues.
- Identify and respond to toxicology issues.
- Identify, evaluate, and comment on the toxicological aspects of proposed legislation, regulations, and standards.
- Raise membership on the committee and to become a more recognized resource to global EHS practitioners.
We are actively involved in reviewing Student Posters related to Toxicological issues, writing articles for the Synergist, developing a PDC for 2021 and beyond and as necessary revising the Toxicology manual.
Products Produced by the Group
- Toxicology Manual.
- Toxicology PDC class.
Our members range from students to career-long professionals, with a varied mix of IH/OEHS practitioners from industry, academia, government/military, and consulting. We are a friendly and active group, with engaging virtual committee meetings. You can choose the level of involvement that fits your availability and earn CM points by:
- Joining a project team and learn from each other while producing real-world solutions and tools to protect the health and safety of workers around the world.
- Participate on bimonthly committee meetings—provide feedback, recommend areas to explore, communicate opportunities to collaborate.
- One and done micro-volunteering tasks as the needs arise.
- #IAMIH Challenge—public awareness and attracting the next generation of IH/OEHS professionals.
- Mentorship and professional development.
- Leadership development (serving as an officer of the group, project team leader).