Business Case Tool
This simplified Business Case (BC) in Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) can be defined as a structured method used to justify a project (intervention) for decision-makers. It captures the effects of implementing programs or activities on employee health and safety (injury or illness), risk management, and the business process. The effects include customary financial business metrics, such as net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), return on investment (ROI) and Payback Period (PBP), which are meaningful to business management. This tool also includes non-financial measures, those that cannot be directly or easily monetized. In reality, the Business Case answers the question: What’s in it for the company?
An article about this tool is featured in the May issue of The Synergist.
Supporting videos produced by the Instructional Video Unit of the University of Central Missouri’s Center for Teaching and Learning are available from YouTube below.
SARS-CoV-2 Exposure Assessment Tool
This simple-to-use tool, released as a Beta version, allows users to estimate a group-wide relative exposure to SARS-COV-2 associated with various activities. The tool facilitates understanding of the relative importance of factors that contribute to increased exposure. It incorporates both scientific principals and recent findings regarding virus characteristics to assess relative exposure based on the key mechanistic and epidemiological factors. NOTE: The developers of this tool are in the process of submitting a peer-reviewed article for publication in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene (JOEH).
EPA Risk and Exposure Assessment Tools
- Air Quality Data and Tools
- Ecological Risk Assessment Tools and Databases
- Exposure Assessment Tools by Approaches (Direct Measurement, Indirect Estimation, Exposure Reconstruction)
- Exposure Assessment Tools by Chemical Classes – Nanomaterials
- Exposure Assessment Tools by Life Stages and Populations (General Population, Residential Consumers, Occupational Workers, Life Stages, Highly Exposed)
- Exposure Assessment Tools by Media (Air, Water, and Sediment, Soil and Dust, Food, Aquatic Biota, Consumer Products)
- Exposure Assessment Tools by Tiers and Types (Screening-Level and Refined, Deterministic and Probabilistic, Aggregate and Cumulative)
- Human Risk Assessment Tools and Databases
- Predictive Models and Tools for Assessing Chemicals Under the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Risk Assessment on Pesticides