CPAG helps advance AIHA’s mission and values by providing input and advice to the AIHA Board and staff regarding the content AIHA provides to members and other stakeholders. Content may include documents, articles, white papers, fact sheets, publications and more. Here you can find information on how you can contribute to the development and advocacy of AIHA content.
In 2019, AIHA invested in a rigorous, multi-year research study to identify current and future industry trends. These findings were translated into an actionable content strategy for the Association. The CPAG Content Priorities Summary, released at the end of 2019, is a direct result of those findings. Read AIHA's 2020 Environmental Scan Report.
CPAG was developed to help AIHA determine the key content priorities that AIHA should focus on to maximize relevancy and impact on the occupational and environmental health and safety profession. These priorities are reviewed and modified on an approximately 5-year cycle based on input from stakeholders inside and outside the Industrial Hygiene (IH) community.
CPAG has three primary roles:
- Recommend Content Priorities to the Board and facilitate their implementation.
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding approval of publication content proposals.
- Review existing content and makes product lifecycle recommendations.
Additional information regarding CPAG activities can be found as follows:
- CPAG Roles and Responsibilities. This document describes CPAG's current role and responsibilities in relation to AIHA.
- CPAG Proposal Review Process Document. This document describes CPAG's review process for content proposals.
- CPAG Content Priorities Summary. This document describe what AIHA’s current content priorities are and how they were determined.
- Dashboards. CPAG maintains a “Dashboard” for each content priority describing AIHA's visions and initiatives. The Dashboards can be viewed using the links below:
AIHA: Leading the Charge to Protect Worker Health & Safety. This video recording is from the April 17th, 2020 CPAG Townhall Call which covers an overview of CPAG, content priorities, how to get involved, and a short Q&A session.
Content Channel Policy Document for Volunteer Groups. This document provides an overview of the different types of content that can be submitted through the Content Proposal Form.
Existing Content Review Tracking Sheet. This document provides information regarding the review status of existing AIHA content.
Submitting a Proposal for Content
AIHA members can participate in any current initiatives through AIHA Volunteer Groups. Volunteer Groups interested in leading, participating in, or creating one or more of the CPAG Initiatives, should contact their respective Board Liaison or Tara Laptew to discuss how that participation might be developed.
To submit a proposal for new and existing content click on this link: Content Proposal Form
For more information about each content priority please visit the pages below:
- Big Data and Sensor Technology
- Communicating OEHS Concepts
- Exposure Banding
- Serving the Changing Workforce
- Total Exposure Health