Goals and Objectives
Develop, assemble, evaluate, and disseminate relevant information to occupational and environmental health professionals on man’s physiological and psychological capabilities to perform work.
- Discuss and act upon ergonomics issues.
- Provide education and training on ergonomics.
- Actively participate in identifying and responding to human factors issues.
- Encourage industrial hygienists to identify and address ergonomics problems.
- Identify, evaluate, and comment on proposed legislation, regulations, and standards affecting ergonomics.
- Provides a forum to network with peers and technical experts while contributing to the advancement of ergonomics.
- Participates in the development of standards and guidelines by organizations such as OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, ISO, and ANA; develops and recommends positions to the AIHA Board.
- Initiate and sustain activities to encourage health and safety professionals to develop skills in the identification and prevention of ergonomic problems.
- Dedicated to providing education and training on ergonomics and works to influence the direction of ergonomics research and education.
- Manual Material Handling
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders of the Hand and Wrist, An Ergonomics Guide
- Physical Strength Assessment in Ergonomics, An Ergonomics Guide
- Ergonomics: Regulations and Standards in the United States, Canada, and Europe (POD)