To expand awareness and promote the importance of IH/OEHS education globally, AIHA offers digital versions of a series of PDF publications and e-learning courses at discounted pricing. Among the specially discounted products are the AIHA White Book, the Noise Manual, the Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene e-course, and many more. Use discount code DEVNAT to take advantage of this offer. Please note that the publications and e-Learning courses are in English only.
AIHA members can join this committee - just click here.
Goals and Objectives
- Build OEHS capacity in areas of the world where it is lacking.
- Serve as a resource for organizations, groups, and individuals outside the United States requesting assistance from AIHA on organizational, professional, or technical matters.
- Support groups and individuals who provide industrial hygiene training, resource material, and equipment in areas where they are needed.
- Increase international awareness of industrial hygiene and the importance of preventing occupational disease.
- Promote public awareness of occupational health and the OEHS profession.
- Promote awareness of OEHS among institutions and agencies that provide related services in developing countries, e.g. NGOs, government and public health agencies, educational institutions, labor unions, and employer organizations.
- Enhance co-operation among international occupational hygiene organizations and build an understanding of international issues.
- Encourage cooperation among international occupational hygiene organizations and support the development of professional industrial hygiene associations in developing countries.
- Encourage discussion and knowledge exchange among occupational health professionals on topics relating to preserving occupational health and safety worldwide.
- Support application of OEHS expertise to identify and control occupational health hazards worldwide.
- Support efforts by OEHS to offer their expertise and services in countries where it is needed.
- Support and advocate for policies, standards, and initiatives to prevent exposure to occupational hazards in all countries.
Inter-Governmental Occupational Safety and Health Organizations and Regulating Bodies
- World Health Organization
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- International Standards Organization
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
Non-Government Professional Organizations
- International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA)
- Workplace Health Without Borders (WHWB)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)
- International Network of Safety and Health Professional Organizations (INSHPO)
- European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organizations (ENSHPO)
- International Commission on Radiation Protection (ICRP)
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
Argentina: Armando Chamorro, CIH
Bolivia: Kyle Naylor, CIH, CSP, AEMT
China: Laurence Svirchev, CIH
Colombia: Luis Guillermo Araque Munoz
Ethiopia: Hailemichael Mulugeta Workneh
France: Thomas P. Fuller, ScD, CIH, CSP, MSPH, MBA
Ghana: Steve Gyan
India: Maharshi Mehta, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
Israel: Mark A. Katchen, CIH, FAIHA
Mozambique: Custodio Muianga
Nepal: William S. (Bill) Carter, CIH, PhD
Pakistan: Muhammad Akram, PhD, CHMM
South Africa: Peter John-Jacobs
Switzerland: Samantha Connell, CIH
Vietnam: Tuan Nguyen, CIH, CSP, ARM
- Ambassador Application Form
- Ambassador Activity Report Form
- Model Memorandum of Understanding Between AIHA and a Foreign Allied Organization
Past Committee Chairs
Wen Chen Liu
Marcos Da Silva
Marcos Da Silva