To expand awareness and promote the importance of IH/OEHS education across the globe, AIHA offers digital versions of a series of PDF publications and e-learning courses at discounted pricing. Among the specially discounted products are the AIHA White Book, the Noise Manual, the Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene e-course, and many more. Use discount code DEVNAT to take advantage of this offer. Please note that the publications and e-Learning courses are in English only.
Goals and Objectives
- Build industrial hygiene capacity in areas of the world where it is lacking.
- Serve as a resource for organizations, groups, and individuals outside the United States requesting assistance from AIHA on organizational, professional, or technical matters.
- Support groups and individuals who provide industrial hygiene training, resource material and equipment in areas where they are needed.
- Increase international awareness of industrial hygiene and the importance of preventing occupational disease.
- Promote public awareness of occupational health and the industrial hygiene profession.
- Promote awareness of occupational health and industrial hygiene among institutions and agencies that provide related services in developing countries, e.g. NGOs, government and public health agencies, educational institutions, labor unions, employer organizations.
- Enhance co-operation among international occupational hygiene organizations and build understanding of international issues.
- Encourage co-operation among international occupational hygiene organizations and support the development of professional industrial hygiene associations in developing countries.
- Encourage discussion and knowledge exchange among occupational health professionals on topics relating to the preservation of occupational health and safety throughout the world.
- Support application of industrial hygiene expertise to identify and control occupational health hazards throughout the world.
- Support efforts by industrial hygienists to offer their expertise and services in countries where it is needed.
- Support and advocate for policies, standards, and initiatives to prevent exposure to occupational hazards in all countries.
Inter-Governmental Occupational Safety and Health Organizations and Regulating Bodies
- World Health Organization
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- International Standards Organization
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
Non-Government Professional Organizations
- International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA)
- Workplace Health Without Borders (WHWB)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH)
- International Network of Safety and Health Professional Organizations (INSHPO)
- European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organizations (ENSHPO)
- International Commission on Radiation Protection (ICRP)
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
China: Laurence Svirchev, CIH
France: Thomas P. Fuller, ScD, CIH, CSP, MSPH, MBA
Ghana: Steve Gyan
India: Maharshi Mehta, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
Israel: Mark A. Katchen, CIH, FAIHA
Mozambique: Custodio Muianga
Nepal: William S. (Bill) Carter, CIH, PhD
Pakistan: Muhammad Akram, PhD, CHMM
Vietnam: Tuan Nguyen, CIH, CSP, ARM
- Ambassador Application Form
- Ambassador Activity Report Form
- Model Memorandum of Understanding Between AIHA and a Foreign Allied Organization
Past Committee Chairs
Wen Chen Liu
Marcos Da Silva
Marcos Da Silva