$250 Member/$350 Non-Member
Based on OHTA course materials, this online course provides a foundational understanding of key Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety concepts as the basis for the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of workplace hazards.
This course is perfect for early career health and safety professionals, occupational and environmental health and safety students, occupational health specialists, and other industry specialists who want a broader understanding of how recognition and control of workplace hazards is key to keeping workers safe.
Purchasing 6 or more copies? Check out our bulk pricing.
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Understanding the Human Body
- Module 3 – Introduction to Toxicology
- Module 4 – Occupational Exposure Limit Values
- Module 5 – Hazardous Substances
- Module 6 – Biological Hazards
- Module 7 – Vibration and Noise
- Module 8 – Radiation
- Module 9 – Thermal Environment
- Module 10 – Ergonomics
- Module 11 – Assessing Health Risks
- Module 12 – Monitoring Airborne Contaminants
- Module 13 – Biological Monitoring
- Module 14 – Behavior and Culture
- Module 15 – Control Methods
- Module 16 – Workplace Stress
- Module 17 – Careers in Occupational Hygiene
- Module 18 – Course Review
Upon completion, students will have a basic understanding of:
- The value of occupational hygiene and the role of the occupational hygienist
- The fundamentals of anatomy and toxicology
- The range of hazards (physical and chemical) in the workplace including sources and potential routes of exposure
- Hazard evaluation, exposure assessment, and sampling processes
- Basic methods of controlling exposure
- Potential career paths for OEHS professionals
Who will benefit
This online self-study course will benefit those new to occupational and environmental health and safety; current health and safety professionals; and occupational health specialists (including physicians and nurses).
Specialists in subjects such as acoustics, ergonomics (human factors), work organization, biosafety, engineering, or analytical chemistry will gain a broader appreciation of how their role helps protect workers from workplace related hazards and health issues.
Time to complete
Participants will have 6 months from the date of purchase to complete the coursework and the online course evaluation for credit.
Web course materials
- This course includes a full e-learning suite of 18 modules of narrated presentations and interactive activities.
- All additional course materials are provided as interactive PDF downloads via the online classroom (registrant-access only). No hardcopy materials are mailed for this course.
- Registrants connect and get unlimited 24/7 web access for 6 months.
To successfully submit credit for this course in the online classroom, participants must view the presentation in its entirety, complete all module activities, and pass an assessment. An online evaluation of the course is included.
Have questions or need additional information? Contact us.