Goals and Objectives
- Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate to professional industrial hygienists, occupational and environmental health professionals information relevant to academic, research and development, medical, and diagnostic facilities, collectively referred to as laboratories.
- Develop and provide information resources to aid in preventing, identifying, and controlling potential exposures to chemical, biological, ergonomic, ionizing, non-ionizing radiation, and physical hazards in laboratories.
- Identify, evaluate, and comment on proposed legislation, regulations, standards, and prudent industrial hygiene practices affecting laboratories.
- Identify and establish liaisons with other AIHA committees and professional organizations addressing laboratories' industrial hygiene-related issues.
Lab Health & Safety Organizations
- Campus Safety Health and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)
- UC Center for Laboratory Safety
- The Laboratory Safety Institute
- US Chemical Safety Board