Goals and Objectives
- Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate to professional industrial hygienists, occupational, and environmental health professionals information relevant to academic, research and development, medical, and diagnostic facilities, collectively referred to as laboratories.
- Develop and provide information resources to aid in prevention, identification, and control of potential exposures to chemical, biological, ergonomic, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, and physical hazards in laboratories.
- Identify, evaluate, and comment on proposed legislation, regulations, standards, and prudent industrial hygiene practices affecting laboratories.
- Identify and establish liaisons with other AIHA committees and other professional organizations addressing industrial hygiene related issues in laboratories.
- OSHA Health and Safety Topics: Laboratories
- ANSI: Laboratory Safety Standards
- Stanford Environmental Health and Safety
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Toxicology, Laboratory Safety